If possible, avoid smoking at least one month before and after your treatment. Always keep the treated area clean and covered. Never scrub the treated area – gentle patting will suffice. Bandages should cover the treated area while allowing the skin to breathe. A cool compress may be applied the first 24 hours after treatment at fifteen minute intervals.
Tylenol may be taken – DO NOT take Aspirin or Ibuprofen products.
First Three Days Following Treatment:
- Do not soak treated area in water.
- If instructed by laser specialist, the treated area should be covered with a thin layer of polysporin and a gauze bandage. Some treatments will not require a bandage, though all will require being kept clean and dry.
- With bandaging, apply antibiotic ointment every eight hours - (Fewer people are allergic to polysporin than other antibiotic creams).
After The Third Day:
- If bandage is required, remove bandage and allow area to dry.
- No soaking the area in water until all scabs or blisters are completely healed.
- When bathing or showering, keep the treated area out of water as much as possible. Use cool/lukewarm water, mild soap and gentle patting (no scrubbing).
- Keep hydrated and keep the treated area out of the Sun!